Has it really been 50 years since we graduated from Southport High School? Hard to believe, but that’s what the calendar’s telling us! We need to mark this significant occasion. Let’s come together and renew old friendships, honor our losses, and share our stories. It’s time to celebrate how far we’ve come!
50th Reunion Plans!
Who: Southport High School Class of 1969
What: 50th High School Reunion
When: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 6-11 pm
Where: Dye’s Walk Country Club (formerly El Dorado), 2080 S. State Rd. 135, Grwd
How: $45 per person
Also: Additional sponsorships are appreciated for unexpected expenses
We are excited and look forward to seeing you. Our committee is planning several events to make this a memorable weekend:
Friday, August 16, 2019
- A golf outing will be held in the morning at Winding River Golf Course, 8015 Mann Road, Indianapolis (317-856-7257). Classmates hosting this event are Garry Adams and Steve Jackson. Spouses and/or significant others are invited to play golf, too. Contact Garry if interested in golfing.
Saturday, August 17, 2019
- A casual mixer is planned at Tried & True Alehouse, 2800 S. State Road 135, Greenwood (www.triedandtruealehouse.com, 317-530-2706) from 2:00 to 5:00 pm. Pay for your own food and drinks. Classmates hosting this event are Elaine Hildwein Walker and Gina Price Eagan.
Sunday, August 18, 2019
- A reunion get-together for coffee and donuts will be held at Dye’s Walk Country Club, 2080 S. State Road 135, Greenwood, from 9:30 to 11:00 am. After you turn onto Golfview Drive off of 135, please park in the large parking lot immediately to the south. There are three handicap parking spots available by the pool. Enter at the west (covered) entrance of the Club House. This will be hosted by David Girton and Donna Hancock Kindle.
- Take a tour of SHS, 971 E. Banta Road, Indianapolis, at 11:30 am. Enter the northwest door at Entrance #1, park near Entrance 18 and 19. In addition, we will tour the memorabilia room located at Perry Township Education Foundation (the old Perry Central School building) at 6548 Orinoco Avenue. Enter at the Northwest door off Banta Road. The tour will be hosted by Karen Wilson Hand and Elizabeth Sgroi McGail.
- The Reunion Dinner will be held at Dye’s Walk Country Club, 2080 S. State Road 135, Greenwood, from 6:00 to 11:00 pm. After you turn onto Golfview Drive off of 135, please park in the large parking lot immediately to the south. There are three handicap parking spots available by the pool. Enter at the west (covered) entrance of the Club House. The cost is $45.00 per person, and the reunion party is hosted by your reunion committee.
- If anyone is interested in an after-party, O’Reilly’s Irish Bar, 8923 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis (www.oreillysirishbar.com, 317-884-9335) is open until 3:00 am.
Class of 1969 Scholarship
- A brunch buffet will be held at O’Reilly’s Irish Bar, 8923 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis (www.oreillysirishbar.com, 317-884-9335) at 10:00 am. The cost is $13.00 per person; cash bar. The buffet is hosted by Dee Young and Dennis Henry.
- The Indianapolis Indians play Lehigh Valley at Victory Field (501 W. Maryland Street, Indianapolis) at 1:35 pm. Tickets are $14 per person. This event is hosted by Joanne Reed Hearrell and Steve Jackson.
A part of our class legacy is the giving of a scholarship to an SHS student who we believe will make this world a better place. We are encouraging our classmates to contribute to a scholarship fund in the name of the SHS Class of 1969 through the SHS Alumni Association.
The cost of the reunion dinner is $45 per person, which covers the cost of reserving our space at Dye’s Walk, the dinner, DJ, and preparation of a Reunion Book. An Information Sheet is attached to provide your information for the Reunion Book, even if you can’t attend the reunion. (The Reunion Book will also be available to purchase and we’ll mail it to you following the reunion.) A Reservation Form is attached to indicate your interest in the planned events.
Please return your Reservation Form, Information Sheet and your check (payable to SHS Class of 1969) to SHS Class Reunion, PO Box 277, New Palestine, IN 46163, no later than May 31, 2019. An acknowledgement of your reservation will be sent to you prior to the reunion.